Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Ceramics (BA Ceramics)
Are you interested in developing a professional career as a ceramicist? The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Ceramics (BA Ceramics) has been developed over the last 30 years to deliver high-end intense training in fine ceramic techniques. This unique programme is designed to equip graduates with the practical skills needed to develop careers in the ceramic industry in Ireland and internationally.
This intensive 3 year programme is delivered in Thomastown, Kilkenny at the Design & Crafts Council Ireland Academy’s Ceramics School. Accredited by the Atlantic Technological University, teaching and learning is a combination of in person and online delivery. Learners will be taught by industry experienced tutors, design history tutors, specialists in new technology and highly skilled ceramicists.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Ceramics (BA Ceramics)
- 60 Credits each year. Total 180 Credits
- 3 years
- Full time: Monday – Friday
- September – June (40 week academic year)
- September 2024
- Deadline for applications: March 2024
- Interviews: April 2024
- Email [email protected] for further information
- DCCIA Thomastown
- 3,000 per annum for Irish/EU citizens
- €9,500 per annum for non-EU students in line with standard practice in the higher education sector
Opportunities after graduation
DCCIA Ceramic graduates progress into the ceramic industry in Ireland and several are now running their own workshops. Many also go into self-employment in locations all over Ireland and abroad as designer makers.
Upskill and learn with DCCI Academy
DCCI Academy is a specialised academy for education, training and apprenticeships. We welcome everyone, from design and craft beginners, to established professionals.Learn more