Open Call National College of Art and Design Ireland Glass Biennale 2023
Tuesday 29 November 2022
Calling all Irish craft makers!
We are looking for an Irish craft maker to design and manufacture a bespoke trophy to celebrate the winners of the Guaranteed Irish Business Awards 2023, proudly sponsored by Permanent TSB.
A Guaranteed Irish Business Award is the benchmark for trusted businesses in Ireland, demonstrating how they make a meaningful contribution to Ireland, its people, and its economy. We are looking for a show-stopping piece of art honouring the winners' success for committing to Irish Provenance, providing quality Jobs and supporting local communities, making Ireland #AllTogetherBetter. The winning trophy design will be presented to the national award winners live on stage in the Shelbourne Hotel on Tuesday, the 14th of March, 2023.
The winning designer will be awarded the contract to manufacture all 28 trophies for the awards ceremony in March. The winning designer will be positioned as a Guaranteed Irish Awards partner and recognised during the ceremony and across social media as this year’s trophy designer. Design Requirements
• Trophy design must encompass the Guaranteed Irish symbol.
• Trophy design must exemplify Guaranteed Irish core principles – Jobs, Communities & Provenance.
• Trophies can be made using Glass, Metal, Wood, or recycled Materials. • All materials must originate in Ireland, and 100% of the manufacturing must take place in Ireland.
• Trophies must incorporate title; “Guaranteed Irish Business Awards 2023, proudly sponsored by Permanent TSB”, and reserve space for the award category, sub-category, and winning company name.
• Trophy size must not exceed an A4 piece of paper. • Design and manufacturing must be done within a €250 including vat budget for each trophy. How to enter
• Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include all designs with 3D renderings, a brief design concept and a description of materials used and their origin, along with the designer's headshot and bio.
• Optionally, samples and extra materials can be posted to our Dublin office – 20 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, D02 T250.
• All designs, samples and extra materials must be submitted by 4pm on Friday the 2nd of December 2022.
All designs will be reviewed by the Guaranteed Irish Board of Directors and staff to ensure they meet the design requirements and company ethos. The winner will be notified in early January 2023.
The winner must manufacture all the required trophies to the highest possible standard within five weeks of being awarded the contract. Guaranteed Irish retains the copyright on any winning submitted design and reserves the right to use or edit the design as needed.
This communication is provided by the Design & Crafts Council Ireland (DCCI) as a service to its registered clients. Unless specifically stated DCCI does not explicitly support or endorse the agencies or companies or their adverts placed herein and while every effort is made to verify content, DCCI cannot be held accountable for inaccuracies. Clients are requested to inform DCCI of any concerns or complaints in relation to these adverts.