Communications Manager | Applications Open
The Design & Crafts Council Ireland is recruiting for a Communications Manager to work within the Digital & Communications Team.
Reporting to the Head of Digital & Communications, the Communications Manager is responsible for the planning, management, development and delivery of the company’s key communications projects, publications and promotional platforms including the corporate website and social media in line with corporate strategy, as well as undertaking projects to support departmental activities such as PR, branding and research.
- To develop, compile and edit content for use in DCCI publications, online communications and social media, press releases, key reports and correspondence etc. and to source and disseminate craft and design related stories in external communications
- To work with the Head of Digital & Communications in developing and executing the overall communications strategy for DCCI in line with the organisation’s strategic direction
- To liaise with DCCI’s external public relations team and the Head of Digital & Communications on developing relationships with key media and responding to ad hoc media requests in a timely manner
- To devise and implement internal processes to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging and branding across all company-wide communications as well as compliance with DCCI’s corporate obligations
- To liaise with internal process teams regarding the communications elements of projects across the organisation and manage the delivery of agreed information
- To project manage the ongoing development and maintenance of DCCI’s web presence (and any associated technical support and multimedia requirements) and social media presence in line with DCCI’s strategic direction
- To manage the planning, development, design and delivery of key corporate publications, in particular DCCI’s Annual Report, Strategic Plan and online newsletters
- To oversee the ongoing development of DCCI’s multimedia and digital imaging/archiving requirements and processes
- To manage the implementation of updates to DCCI’s websites, social media platforms and event planning documents (such as permissions and opt-ins) in line with communicaitons policy and GDPR requirements
- To be the Communications Team’s designated contact for tendering, as appropriate, in line with the organisation’s procurement policy
- To identify, build and leverage key partnership opportunities with other relevant organisations and to represent DCCI at key corporate and external events as required
- To provide ongoing support to the Head of Digital & Communications with regard to the department’s PR, marketing and communications activities as they arise, including management of appointed contractors and the budget allocation for specific projects, ensuring the cost effective delivery of projects on time and within budget
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a communications/marketing role in a busy and dynamic environment
- Experience and excellent working knowledge of website management, social media and audiovisual tools
- Skilled copywriting and editing experience and attention to detail
- Proven track record in working as part of a team in delivering a broad range of communications projects
- Excellent project management skills including print management and events management
- Experience in leading a team of staff and/or contractors
- Strong organisation skills and time management skills, with an energetic approach and a proven ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to foster strong internal and external relationships to achieve success
- Ability to work flexibly and cooperatively as part of a team in addition to working independently with limited supervision.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential
- Third level qualification in journalism, communications, new media technologies or public relations
Morgan McKinley Recruitment has been retained by DCCI to manage this recruitment process. Interested candidates are requested to send their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae by e-mail to Joleary@morganmckinley.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 27 November by 12noon.
This communication is provided by the Design & Crafts Council Ireland (DCCI) as a service to its registered clients. Unless specifically stated DCCI does not explicitly support or endorse the agencies or companies or their adverts placed herein and while every effort is made to verify content, DCCI cannot be held accountable for inaccuracies. Clients are requested to inform DCCI of any concerns or complaints in relation to these adverts.