DCCI Annual Events
Irish Craft Village at Bloom
DCCI Irish Craft Village brought together some of Ireland’s most talented craftspeople to showcase their products at this year’s Bord Bia Bloom.
Daily demonstrations by DCCI member organisations included the Irish Woodturners Guild, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
Feltmakers Ireland, the Irish Patchwork Society, the Guild of Irish Lacemakers and the Irish Artist Blacksmiths also showed visitors the process involved in turning raw materials into finished products.
“Bord Bia Bloom is a great start to the summer each year. This year the DCCI Irish Craft Village returned to give makers a platform in front of the tens of thousands who attended. It is a great example of national agencies working together.”
CEO of DCCI
About Bord Bia Bloom
Bord Bia Bloom, which celebrated its 17th birthday in 2023, is Ireland’s largest garden festival. It takes place over five days on the June bank holiday weekend each year in Dublin’s Phoenix Park.
DCCI Irish Craft Village
The Irish Craft Village is always a popular feature at Bloom. This year it brought together 33 of Ireland’s most talented craftspeople from a range of disciplines and all parts of the country.
Among the new collections launched at this year’s Bloom were:
- Lorraine Fletcher’s gold leaf embellished wildflower prints
- Duck Blue’s floral collections featuring native Irish plants
- Birdfeeders and birdhouses from Coolree Design
- Kopper Kreation’s bud vases which use recycled iron tubes from the plumbing industry
- Jerpoint Glass Studio’s hot air balloons designed for Bloom
The full list of designers and makers who exhibited at Bloom 2023:
- Adelle Hickey, Dublin
- Anita Reynolds Art & Design, Meath
- Annabel Langrish, Cork
- Baurnafea Studio, Kilkenny
- BBpapercuts, Dublin
- Brookfield Farm Hive Gifts, Tipperary
- Clare OConnor Luxury Irish Design, Meath
- Clarke’s Of Dublin Artisan Bathing And Shaving, Dublin
- Coolree Design, Kildare
- Deeca Design, Meath
- Duck Blue, Kildare
- GROUND Wellbeing, Cork
- JANDO, Dublin
- Jennifer Rothwell, Dublin
- Jerpoint Glass Studio, Kilkenny
- Jo Browne, Carlow
- Kaïkø Studïø, Wicklow
- Kopper Kreation, Dublin
- Lorraine Fletcher Art Studio, Galway
- Meab Enamels, Westmeath
- Melanie Hand Design Jewellery, Dublin
- Michele Hannan Ceramics, Dublin
- Olannmor, Wicklow
- Orla Culligan Ceramics, Galway
- Rowena Sheen Jewellery, Clare
- Sallyann’s Handmade Bags Clare
- Shane Holland Designer/ Sculptor, Meath
- Siobhán Daly Designs, Meath
- Thin Line, Galway
- Varna Studio, Wexford
- WildBird Studio, Dublin
- Yvonne Bolger Jewellery, Laois
Join us for Bloom 2024
Exhibitors in DCCI Irish Craft Village at Bloom are selected each year to illustrate the wide variety of craft and design in Ireland.
In 2023, almost 90 small businesses from a range of disciplines responded to our call for exhibitors. Places were offered to 33, a quarter of whom were attending Bloom for the first time.