Selected works of Cartoon Saloon and Holger Strøm
Design & Crafts Council Ireland (DCCI) presents two new exhibitions, Illuminations: Selected works of Holger Strøm and Cartoon Saloon as part of DCCI Irish Design Week 2023.
The Castle Yard
Visit our crescent-shaped home, which dates back to 1790.
The Art of Craft
Plan your visit
We're conveniently located in Kilkenny, known for centuries as the Marble City.
Located in the heart of Kilkenny, DCCI Gallery exhibits a diverse range of works by established and emerging Irish designers and makers. We inspire appreciation, creativity and innovation, and play a critical role in building and understanding of craft and material culture in Ireland.
Things to do at Castle Yard
- Stroll around the 18th century Castle Yard
- Shop for everything from stunning handcrafted jewellery to intricate textiles and ceramics
- Watch crafts being made
- Browse unique displays housed in former 18th century stables
- Wander into the heart of Kilkenny city
- Explore the neighbouring Kilkenny Castle