This course is a practical guide for companies that are sole traders and considering setting up a more formal operation with a view to growing a sustainable business.
At the end of this programme you will have:
- defined your vision for your business
- understood your customer and competitors
- improved your ability to make strategic business decisions
Dr, Colm Reilly
Dr. Colm Reilly is an experienced professional with a track record and international experience in Economic Development including innovation, business structuring and business development. His experiences have been initially informed by multi-national companies (Novartis, Fujitsu, and Electrolux). In addition, he has established three start-up companies – Eureto, Aviareto and BiotherapeuticsMD – which operate to this day. His international experience is in Europe, North America, and the Middle East where he has run significant operations.
In the past 15 years, Colm has worked as a senior executive in a global consulting organisation. He has worked extensively in the craft sector at a European and North American level and works alongside a team of experts in Retail, Jewellery, Clothing and Furniture. He currently leads the team delivering the Business Growth programme for the World Craft Council.
The curriculum he has developed for Craft companies in Ireland is based on companies working on their own company and product throughout the coursework supported by individual mentoring sessions. This means that by the end of the programme companies have a clear and distinct focus and a detailed plan of what to do next. The team also connects companies into their relevant agencies to ensure that they can achieve and access the relevant funding that is available to them.
Colm has published three books based on SME development – The Pricing Puzzle, Value Price and Sustained Competitiveness and No Frontiers – how companies learn to Export.
- One full day per week for 2 weeks.
- Applications close: 26 March 2024
- Course begins: 27 March 2024
- Course ends: 3 April 2024
Please note: places are offered on a rolling basis and the course may close in advance of date listed.
- UK Chartered Management Institute
- Online and in-person classes (location will be tailored to suit the applicants). All classes will be made available online.
Interviews: In advance of programme starting.
- Module 1 & 2: 27th March 2024, 09:30 – 16:30.
- Module 3 & 4: April 3rd 2024, 09:30 – 16:30.Module 1: The Business Foundations. How to operate a business successfully and what it entails.
Module 2: Understanding markets, personas and how to target them expressing the your value.
Module 3: The Business: How to build the mechanics of a business.
Module 4: How to structure sales (revenue) and costs and make your business work for you.
Upskill and learn with DCCI Academy
DCCI Academy is a specialised academy for education, training and apprenticeships. We welcome everyone, from design and craft beginners, to established professionals.Learn more