This programme is aimed at design and craft companies who are beyond ideation, have been operating for some time, and wish to scale beyond their current position either in the Irish market or an international market. A series of training workshops and mentoring that supports growth from start-up to scaling stage.
At the end of this programme you will have:
- defined your vision for your business
- understood your customer and competitors
- improved your ability to make strategic business decisions
- defined your strategic objective, key milestones and
- implementation steps for success
- learned how to use the business tools shared on the course
- improved your entrepreneurial confidence
Dr, Colm Reilly
Dr. Colm Reilly is an experienced professional with a track record and international experience in Economic Development including innovation, business structuring and business development. His experiences have been initially informed by multi-national companies (Novartis, Fujitsu, and Electrolux). In addition, he has established three start-up companies – Eureto, Aviareto and BiotherapeuticsMD – which operate to this day. His international experience is in Europe, North America, and the Middle East where he has run significant operations.
In the past 15 years, Colm has worked as a senior executive in a global consulting organisation. He has worked extensively in the craft sector at a European and North American level and works alongside a team of experts in Retail, Jewellery, Clothing and Furniture. He currently leads the team delivering the Business Growth programme for the World Craft Council.
The curriculum he has developed for Craft companies in Ireland is based on companies working on their own company and product throughout the coursework supported by individual mentoring sessions. This means that by the end of the programme companies have a clear and distinct focus and a detailed plan of what to do next. The team also connects companies into their relevant agencies to ensure that they can achieve and access the relevant funding that is available to them.
Colm has published three books based on SME development – The Pricing Puzzle, Value Price and Sustained Competitiveness and No Frontiers – how companies learn to Export.
- 3 weeks – One full day per week
- Applications close: 11 March 2024
- Current Course begins: 12 March 2024
- Course ends: 26 March 2024
Please note: places are offered on a rolling basis and the course may close in advance of date listed.
- UK Chartered Management Institute
- Online and in-person, location tailored to suit applicants. All classes will be made available online.
Interviews: In advance of programme starting.
- Modules 1 & 2: 12th March 2024, 09:30 – 14:30. Creating the foundation of growth in your business. Understanding toolsets to generate value, pricing and structure in your business.
- Modules 3 & 4: 19th March 2024, 09:30 – 16:30. Using toolsets to create the conditions of growth. The machinery of running a growing business.
- Modules 5 & 6: 26th March 2024, 09:30 – 16:30. Selling and Financial Management – the sharp end of business.
- Building your growth plan. Pitching Session.
Upskill and learn with DCCI Academy
DCCI Academy is a specialised academy for education, training and apprenticeships. We welcome everyone, from design and craft beginners, to established professionals.Learn more